Development refers to continuous progress which increases experience or maturity level. The human body is constantly evolving and so is human psychology. There are various stages of development when it comes to the psychology of people. Every stage has its importance. They form the base of the human world and their psychology. It is important to have the experience of all the stages of development.
The Initial Stages Of Development
· Infancy: This period starts from your birth to the time you are 18 months old. This is also commonly known as the age of trust and mistrust. Once the infant comes out from the womb of the mother, they only need nourishment and nothing else. And with this, he starts learning about various things including love, affection, confidence, and much more. They also go through various other experiences like rejection, anxiety, and much more. They can also develop a sense of mistrust if not taken care of properly.
· Early Childhood: This is the period between when your age is 18 months to 3 years. This is the period where your nervous system and muscular development occurs. It is one of the most important stages of development as this is when the child starts exploring the environment. All they need is their parents or guardians guidance.
· The Middle Childhood: This is the stage where your age is between 3 to 5 years. Here the child faces the debate between initiative and guilt. They start feeling independent during this stage and because of this, they want to explore more possibilities. They put up effort to get creative and if they do not receive adequate support they feel guilty.
The Middle Stages Of Development
· The Late Childhood: This period includes the age range from 5 to 12 years. In this stage, the child develops strength and wants attention. They also need less sleep. They try to establish their competence and if they succeed in the same they gain confidence.
· Adolescence: Once you pass the age of 12 years you enter into the period of adolescence. In this period, the individuals reach their puberty which leads to significant changes in them. These changes play an important part in their future life. It helps in forming their identity and personality. The individuals go out to peer groups for support and encouragement.
The Later Stage
· Early Adulthood: This is the period between 20 years to 30 years. The individual games a place in society and starts earning money and respect. They start to begin a family with marriage and children. The possibilities in their lives are endless.
· Mature Adulthood: This is the period between 30 years to 65 years. In this stage, the generation changes from one to the next. There are significant changes in the lives of people who in this stage. They get more stable.
· Old Age: This is the final stage and extends from the age of 65 till the death. By this age, people become matured and get more limited.